1112 N. Milwaukee Avenue
The Gallery Theatre, located at 1112 N. Milwaukee Avenue just south of Division, is a beautiful and intimate space to watch films. Originally built as a bank in 1920, the theater is now home to the Polish Film Festival in America, the International Documentary Film Festival and the Society for Arts. Throughout the year the Society presents an eclectic array of foreign films by promising new filmmakers and art exhibits that range from painting and sculpture to three dimensional. Many of the film screenings and art exhibits are accompanied by gallery talks, lectures and workshops. With stadium seating for 70 and a lovely reception area the Gallery Theater provides the perfect space for experiencing film with after screening Q & A’s, music and gatherings.